Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dear Blog

I haven't had much to say to you these days.
Er, well, in the interest of being honest, I have been avoiding you because I have too much to say. And when I have too much to say I can't form my thoughts into coherent sentences, my emotions influence my writing (and not in the good way) and half the time I don't even know where to start.

Did you know I have the week off?
(that sound you hear isn't the wind; it's a sigh of relief)

As far as I remember, I have never been so relieved to be on vacation from school. Believe me, I will make the most of this brief respite. I have a new video game to enjoy, new books to read, miscellaneous chores to fulfill, a couple errands to run...

... and all to fill the time during which I will not be seeing my fiance. (hear that? another sigh)

It just so happens that his mid semester accelerated class starts the same week as my break and due to gas money and circumstances I will not see him until Friday afternoon. You can shake your head at me, but I will miss him. I don't know how I'm going to make it three whole days without seeing him. Especially since I had looked forward to spending as much time as possible together while I was free from the tyranny of homework and professors.

Oh, dear blog, I knew you wouldn't laugh at me. No matter how I pour my heart out you are always sympathetic.

Why do these days just feel like days to be filled before I get to the weekend?

In addition to finally seeing Jacob again, my horse Auggie will be home from his three month lease on Friday evening. His new saddle is on its way and I just finished oiling his new bridle and reins this evening. A spotlessly clean hunter green saddle pad is tucked into his tack box, along with all sorts of shiny clean accessories. I am beyond ecstatic that he will finally be home! I have missed him and riding more than I thought possible.
Truthfully I had quiet moments where I wondered if my love affair with horses was fading. Now I know that the distance and time only proved how attached I am to Auggie. I feel confident in saying that while he is my first horse love he won't be my last. :-)

In fact, Jake says we can start looking for a mount for me after I graduate. Once we find her, Auggie will become Jake's primary ride.

I love having a husband-to-be who shares my passion for riding... not to mention animals of all shapes and sizes!

Speaking of animals. We had the glider boys neutered finally so Neo should be able to move in with Tank (affectionately labeled Jabba for his obese size) and Apoc later this week. It's been fun getting the boys out and getting to know their personalities. Tank is, surprisingly, the most outgoing and playful of the gliders. Despite his large size he cavorts and runs about the cage (his mass causing the bars to shake-no joke) as he tests out his new home. Apoc is shyer and more apt to bite although he doesn't seem mean, just uncertain.
The two of them are not at all shy about screeching their unhappiness when I wake them up to play but almonds help soothe them. *grins*


This is not one of our sugar gliders, but one I worked with while I was at the Avian & Exotic clinic.

Strangely, I am in a better mood since I started this post. :-)

Enjoy your week my friends.

4 comments:

meeka said...

I missed reading your blog! Glad you haven't stopped.

'Quel said...

Yay! I'm glad to know you read it! :-)

meeka said...

Oh yes. I am a faithful, but quiet reader. :)

'Quel said...

:-D
*hugs*