
I like this picture. It reminds me of Jake and it makes me happy.
This morning, as I was in the shower, I realized that I will be getting married next year. I think it's going to take all year for me to get use to the idea, and by then I'll have to start saying "I'm getting married this year".
(I also realized that I was out of shampoo, conditioner and face wash, plus my loofah was trashed. Why can't I ever remember that when I'm not soaking wet in the shower?)
I believe it's customary to look back on the past year when you start a new one, but I'm not going to. I've been mired in the past, and hurts done to me, and mistakes I've made, so I think I've been retrospective enough for once. I prefer to look forward to this year.
First off, it's an odd year, which I hate, so it hasn't got much going for it already. Second, my dad's off to war again this spring.
But other than those varyingly crappy things, I'm prepared to enjoy 2011. I don't really do New Year's resolutions (except for the customary 'eat more chocolate') but this year I'm going to pick a few things I'd like to work on.
1) I want to be less negative about my weight. I am going to do some exercising and eat better (no more soda or fast food for me!) but I want to be able to fret less about a few extra pounds here or there.
2) Be more creative! I have so many projects I want to work on, but I don't make a conscious effort to do so. Instead of trying to constrict my creativity, I'm simply going to assign a project to each month and spend at least once a week just being by myself and my crafts.
3) Heal. Counseling is a big step, but I'm going to do my best to cut negative influences from my life and only keep people and things around that are good for me.
I hope the new year brings you great things! <3
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment