I came into the Bridal store with a list of dresses to try on, and my mother and mother in law for support. While we were waiting for my consultant I spotted a gorgeous lace and flower number in mermaid style. It looked like nothing on my list and I figured there was no way it would look good on my curvy figure. Still, the delicate hydrangea flowers and sparkle beckoned me so I asked the woman if I could try it on at the end of my appointment.
The first five dresses I tried on were nice. They each had something about them that I liked but nothing really struck me. As I went to put on the last dress, the last minute addition, I'd already decided that the ruffly number I'd just tried on was my favorite and definitely in the running.
Unfortunately the last dress didn't fit me. I was discouraged and ready to give up (after all, I KNEW that a clingy style of dress was not going to look pretty on me) but the consultant told me to wait a minute, and she returned with the very dress that was on the mannequin. It zipped perfectly.
I walked out, anxious to see whether I looked ridiculous so I could run back into the dressing room. I didn't even hear my mother and mother in law talking, I was so focused on my image in the mirror. For a second I didn't even recognize myself! I twirled in a haze, and I got a big grin on my face. This was MY dress. It looked like it was made especially for me. When the consultant asked me how I liked it, I told her, "I love it. This dress is mine." She looked at me in surprise. "You're going to buy it?" (after all, we'd just got done talking about how the wedding was a year and a half away!) I nodded. "Yes, I am going to buy this dress."
Let me tell you, I did NOT want to take that dress off. *grin* I was (and still am) in a haze of disbelieving happiness. I told Jake that I have changed the count from "how many days till I get married" to "how many days until I wear my wedding dress"! As we left the store I wanted to dance and sing and tell everyone how excited I am!
![]() |
It's a silly little thing, a girl finding the dress she's going to wear to her wedding, but it made me smile.
Only 610 days to go!
'Quel

No comments:
Post a Comment