Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November brings...

Ah, November. The best month to be born in, if I do say so myself. ;-)

I am going to make my One Hundred Books A Year goal! *pumps iron* I am only sixteen books away and I have eight weeks. That's two books a week. I could do that in my sleep! Er, heh, you know. The biggest problem? Trying to find sixteen new books to read!
One thing I am especially excited about is reporting to you, my faithful readers, my top ten favorite books. A loose list is already forming in my head but I refuse to make a final selection until December 31st. Also someone mentioned to me that I could perhaps write my ten least favorites as well. If anyone is interested in that I'd be happy to oblige. That list will be pretty easy. :p

Another great part of November, aside from almost reaching my OHBAY goal, is National Novel Writers Month. (nanowrimo.org) Part of the festivities is attempting to write a novel of 50,000 words during the month of November. Although my little sister has been faithfully attempting this feat for years, this will be my first attempt. So far it's day three and I am already behind. :p But, on the bright side, I've found a use for all those unused hours at work. As I jokingly told the boy, I am finally getting paid to write. :-D

My story is based off one I started to write as a young teen. It's Watership Down-esque but with horses. I figured I'd do something fun and breezy to help the writing flow. Also my story takes the viewpoints of four different horses and that has been a big help in keeping me from getting bored. As soon as I am getting slightly tired of one character it's time to switch! I'm not so concerned with reaching the 50,000 word goal as I am with writing a little every day and with no editing and re-editing as I go.

I don't know if this happens to other people, but this is the first time it's happened to me. I'm not excited about my birthday. In fact, I'm kind of dreading it. It's not even a big milestone birthday like 21, or 30, or 40. It's just boring old twenty two but it scares me to death.
This obviously calls for more thought.
I AM excited to have my friends over to bake cookies tho. :-) We'll be making Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter. Yummy.

'Quel

No comments: