Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stress & Spirit: Full Days!

My brother is sick in the hospital. He's dehydrated, and he's had seizures and black-outs but the doctors are unsure about what condition he has. Poor Danny, he's so pitiful and sweet when he's sick. We're all just waiting and praying that the doctors will discover what is wrong with him.

So far being twenty two hasn't been much different than twenty one, except that for once, I actually feel like I'm older.

This week has been pretty busy, but not unpleasantly so. I finished all my Christmas shopping Monday evening right down to the zebra print wrapping paper. That is such a good feeling! Now I just have to wait for my packages to come in and wrap them as they come.

I had lunch with a friend from the zoo on my birthday, and then Laura and Annaliese came over to bake cookies and watch the movie 'The Ugly Truth' which is super funny. It was great to hang out with them and catch up. Laura ended up leaving Saturday but Annaliese stayed the whole weekend. I was really grateful she was here when Danny was taken to the hospital. She helped me and the girls out as we cleaned and organized to keep ourselves busy. Good friends are hard to come by but priceless when you have them. I love her dearly.

Stephen will be here Wednesday and to say I am excited and filled with longing would be superfluous. I'm ecstatic. Being with him is like being home, and the times we have together are important and precious to me.

This coming week is actually much busier so I'm praying for patience and grace to make it through. It's (mostly) fun and/or enjoyable events but I get stressed about time and then unravel from there. Heh. What can I say? Drama runs in the family. *grins*

I dare not give you an update on my NaNo or my 100 Books a Year Count because neither of them reflect well on me. :p

'Quel

No comments: