And so very, very happy!
You may think me a bit silly to be so happy and surprised (after all, I did know that a proposal was coming eventually) but I don't mind how silly I appear. Jake did his very best to surprise me with the perfect proposal and I am utterly delighted.
The weekend started off in good form. I cleaned my room until it was spotless, dusted everything that held still, and showered my animals and their habitats. Then I packed my favorite short shorts, hopped in the car with Jake, and our friends Mike and his girlfriend Jaimie for a five hour trip to Sandusky, Ohio, or more to the point, Cedar Point.
The first night was spent in general merriment and resting up for our big day at the park. I'd never been to the roller coaster kingdom so Jake and Mike regaled Jaimie and I with stories about their adventures at Cedar Point. Finally, we rolled into bed.
Nine o' clock the next morning saw us all wide awake, and if not exactly chipper, then at least full of excitement for death defying rides. When we first arrived at the park, Jake wanted a picture taken of the two of us but we all vetoed his idea in favor of a ride on the Magnum. (little did I know then that he had been hoping to propose right when we walked into the park but we ruined that!) Now that the weekend is over, the roller coasters tend to mesh together in my head but I DO remember that this one had a wicked scary first hill, the second tallest in the park.
As we walked down the exit ramp and onto the main drag, Jake insistently pushed the camera into Mike's hand and said he wanted a picture. I had my hands full, I was already hot and sweaty and all I wanted to do was get a drink but I tried to put on a smile as Jake came to stand next to me.
And then all of a sudden he was on his knees in the middle of a crowd of people! I gasped. "You are not!" I exclaimed.
He grinned really big, whipped out a ring and said, "Raquel Romine, I love you so much I want to ride this crazy roller coaster of life with you. Will you marry me?"
To which I gave him a huge hug. I didn't even say yes for about five minutes! It was the sweetest, dorkiest and just perfect proposal. So very Jake. *grins* Eventually I managed to tell him, "Yes, of course, I'll marry you!"
Even without the engagement, it was an awesome weekend so I consider myself a doubly lucky girl. :-D The only downside was that I didn't get to share the moment with my maid of honor and bestie, Annaliese. She was pretty bummed she couldn't make it and after the proposal, I understood why!
The rest of the day was filled with rides, jokes, laughter, LOTS of unhealthy and yummy food, maybe some kissing and more rides. Not only did I enjoy Cedar Point but I was overjoyed to be able to enjoy it with two great friends, and my fiance.
*squeals*
I'm marrying my best friend, the man I love, and I am so blessed!
And the ring is pretty, too. I had oohed and aahed over it in the store, and it was the one he picked. It's white gold with a diamond center stone and two sapphires flanking; there's also scroll engraving on the sides.
I can't hardly believe I'm engaged. Jake loves to call me his fiance, and the word makes me giggle and blush. Am I really getting married? I can't wait!
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment