Life is so busy! It seems that I barely have time to breathe before something else is happening, or a chore needs to be done, or an errand run!
Even though I greatly enjoyed going away last weekend I'm kind of looking forward to just vegging this weekend. I have midterms next week so I plan to study several hours, but other than studying, I want to do nothing more than watch movies with Jake and maybe walk in the park.
Jake and I (read: Jake motivates me to) have been trying to get more exercise lately so we try and walk every day. If it's too hot to walk outside we go to a store and walk around for the afternoon. I'm hoping the weather will be nice enough to take the dogs.
There may be lots going on but I can't help but smile several times a day. It seems unreal, like a dream come true, that I will be marrying my best friend. We have been making little plans and dreams for our future together and the thought of them makes me shake my head in wonder. I can't wait to have our own sweet place to set up as we wish, and to sit back and know that we have our own little family. We'll have our own families, of course, but we'll also be creating a new one and that's very sweet and special to me.
I distinctly remember telling my mother when I was sixteen that I hoped I didn't marry any of the boys I knew then because they were all wierd and creepy. Now I can't imagine marrying anyone other than the boy I met when I was nine and he was ten.
Funny how we grow up.
Jake and I both love this song, and have taken to calling it ours. Our story may not be exactly the same but the sentiment rings true for us.
"She said, I was seven and you were nine
I looked at you like the stars that shined
In the sky, the pretty lights
And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
Growing up and falling in love and our mamas smiled
And rolled their eyes and said oh my my my
Take me back to the house in the backyard tree
Said you'd beat me up, you were bigger than me
You never did, you never did
Take me back when our world was one block wide
I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried
Just two kids, you and I...
Oh my my my my
Well, I was sixteen when suddenly
I wasn't that little girl you used to see
But your eyes still shined like pretty lights
And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
They never believed we'd really fall in love
And our mamas smiled and rolled their eyes
And said oh my my my...
Take me back to the creek beds we turned up
Two A.M. riding in your truck and all I need is you next to me
Take me back to the time we had our very first fight
The slamming of doors instead of kissing goodnight
You stayed outside till the morning light
Oh my my my my
A few years had gone and come around
We were sitting at our favorite spot in town
And you looked at me, got down on one knee
Take me back to the time when we walked down the aisle
Our whole town came and our mamas cried
You said I do and I did too
Take me home where we met so many years before
We'll rock our babies on that very front porch
After all this time, you and I
I'll be eighty-seven; you'll be eighty-nine
I'll still look at you like the stars that shine
In the sky, oh my my my..."
Mary's Song by Taylor Swift
'Quel
1 comment:
That song is so very true about how our relationship is. I love you, honey, and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.
Post a Comment