Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My ring, plus 800 days and counting!

My beautiful, lovely ring picked out by my fiance (so weird to type that!) arrived Friday evening via UPS. I was so excited I was jumping around the room, dancing with eagerness. Jake certainly didn't help; all he could do was laugh at me being silly and slowly open the box, and then another box, and then one more box before I finally got to see my very own engagement ring in person. I put it on and have only taken it off once or twice to display it.



It's perfect and it suits me exactly. I don't wear much jewelry but I love this little ring, both for the giver's sake and for what it represents. I'm all about symbolism, and the engagement ring sparkling on my left hand is both an exciting and a solemn reminder for me. I can't stop looking at it sometimes! I'm really getting married!

Understandably (at least, I hope so!) I've been a bit distracted lately. With midterms, a broken down car and having recently become engaged, I admit to being a little more scatterbrained than usual. Plus Jake and I have both been tired so we've managed to squeeze in a couple tiffs. But for the most part we've just enjoyed one another's company. Sometimes it's nice to just sit with your best friend without having to feel the pressure to say or do anything.

Even though our wedding is two years away, I've been trying to take care of as much of the planning as I can now. And I've discovered that I really like wedding planning. It's fun, and it's the perfect kind of chaos to try and control. I thrive on being presented with a challenge to fix and wedding planning seems to do just that!

I've been told that bets are being taken on whether Jake and I make it to October 11, 2012. There's talk that we might elope sooner rather than later, but here's the truth. When I marry Jake I want it to be special and as near to perfect as it can get. We want to save our money, budget wisely, and plan for our future. So as romantic as eloping sounds sometimes (not to mention cheaper!), the two of us are doing the sensible thing.

Oh, sigh. Being sensible makes me feel so... so... adult.

No! I refuse! I will not give in!
I'm never going to grow up all the way, not ever.

I'm off to play with my kitten.
G'nite.

'Quel

No comments: