This has been a difficult week for me. I don't want to go into a lot of details on such a public forum, but suffice it to say that someone from my past who deeply hurt me contacted me earlier this week, against my wishes. I had a really hard time dealing with it, but I've learned to lean on my family during hard times. I've also decided to return to counseling to deal with some tough issues.
Despite the rough times in my life, I am actually a pretty content person. I'm very happy with Jake, and I'm excited for our future together. And guess what?! My fourth quarter will be over next week! That means I am halfway through my studies at Harrison. I am so ready for my externship to start. Being out in the field will make me feel useful.
And Christmas is coming! Can you believe it? It feels like more than a year has passed since my last Christmas. I never would have believed I would be engaged to the most amazing man I've ever met, but I am! :p
Christmas is such an enjoyable season.
I love looking at all our neatly wrapped gifts underneath the beautiful Christmas tree. I love the spirit of fun and joy and friendliness that inhabits people during this time. And tomorrow will be lots of fun! My grandma and I are hosting a Christmas cookie baking party. :-) Annaliese, my mom, Mercedes, Cecilia, my great granny and Nancy (Jake's mom) will all be over for food, baking and fun!
*squeals*
Did I mention I love Christmas?
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment