Monday, December 20, 2010

A Little Dismal Christmas

*hums*

I passed all of my classes.
All of my Christmas gifts are wrapped and under the tree.
The rats have fresh, clean bedding and nicely washed hammocks.
Bunny will be getting a bath, brush and trim.
My room is clean...

Now why won't my vacation start?

It seems all I've done since getting out of school is cry, rage, drive around in the car all day, clean, stress, run more errands, and freeze.

The pasture where Auggie lives holds four horses; Auggie, his girlfriend Gabby, King and his girlfriend, Fancy. They live next to a fairly busy road, about ten minutes from my house. On Saturday morning two of the horses disappeared. (King and Gabby)
I mean literally disappeared without a trace. On Sunday we spent twelve hours chopping through ice on the pond to rule out accidental drowning, but now it's looking more and more like they were stolen.
Why were those two stolen? Why did Auggie and Fancy get left? Who in the hell steals a little girl's horse at Christmastime? How dare they?!
If I'm upset about it, I can only imagine how Bill, Heather and their daughters feel.
What a rough start to the holidays.

Secondly, I'm just having a rough time of it lately. I'm constantly irritable and emotional and upset, and unfortunately, I lash out at Jake which he doesn't deserve. Then I get depressed and upset because I don't want to fight or hurt him. I thought counseling would help but I only feel worse this week than I have before.

I just want to have a little Christmas cheer. *sigh* I just want to be able to be my old self; the one who laughed and smiled easily. My heart is too heavy.

Why does bad stuff happen to good people?

'Quel

No comments: