Friday, July 24, 2009

Breaking News

Typing with a hurt finger is hard. Near half the nail was ripped off of my left hand pointer finger today at work. It is tingly and not altogether painless. I am sad. :-( I hate to admit to having a few vanities but one of them is my nails. Oh well, it'll grow back. And as much as I like my nails, I like scars and stories more!

So I was going to try and be mysterious or dramatic or something about my breaking news but now that I'm writing it out I'm just too tired to be creative. It's been a rough and stressful couple of days as I've agonized over the right decision.

I just today accepted a job as a veterinary assistant at a holistic vet hospital in Pennsylvania.

Yes, I said Pennsylvania.

I hope to move in about three weeks but we'll see how that works out. I leave the zoo on the second of August and I'd love to make it to PA in time for my friend Erin's birthday (Stephen's sister) on August 8.

I'm really nervous, mostly excited, and eager to see how I do. I'm pretty sure I'll be broke, but I'm SO looking forward to exploring the little town I'll live in, learning exotic vet care and gaining more experience in the animal world.

And yes, Stephen lives in Pennsylvania. There will be (and have been) people who've accused me of moving to PA for him. But the truth is, that while both of us are excited to be closer, I'm also making this move for my career (for lack of a better word. Career is an adult word, which I am not!). Stephen is a very cute and charming perk. :p

I know some of you will have questions or comments or whatever so feel free to e-mail, talk to me on Facebook or comment here.

Much love to you all!

'Quel

1 comment:

The Raven and The Vixen said...

I'm excited for you sis! Go wherever you feel you need to be, and be open-minded. There will be a lot of people telling you this is a bad idea, and you're moving for all the wrong reasons. Don't listen. You are doing what you think is right. You're finally starting your adult life, finally. :) My big sis is moving out and away, spreading her wings.