I love my house. Everytime I sit down I am surrounded by animals. :p
Daisy is curled up on my lap with one eye open so she can watch Qwyn, the kitten. Malachi and Hank, the older male dogs, are on either side of me snoozing. Mei, another kitten, is on the kitchen counter off to my right and my cat, Izzy, is on the dining room table.
I have had some very exciting opportunities come up in the last couple of days that I am going to take advantage of. Until things are finalized I don't want to tell many people, but if things work out, I could be having an adventure of my own! My dad left his home in South America for the States when he was only seventeen, my mom moved halfway across the world to Japan, my grandmother went and lived in Florida to study art... I want to do something like that! Although my experience would probably be a little more tame, I'm still pretty excited about it. For once in my life I'm not afraid to embrace being an adult. I want to learn what it's like to take care of myself and do something I truly love doing.
Am I the same girl who was terrified of driving farther than the CVS down the road? The same girl who was scared to be herself, to talk to people on the telephone, or learn how to be self sufficient?
It's kind of hard to believe sometimes!
I think my mom was right. (SHOCK! SURPRISE!) By the time we get to a new challenge, we are prepared for it. Of course I was terrified of going to college when I was only sixteen... because I wasn't ready. Sure, changes and moving on are scary things, but at some point they become a little less scary and a little more exciting.
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment