Saturday, July 11, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

... and oh, what bittersweet feelings it brings.

But as a wise man is often telling me, 'Be positive!'
So I will. And after a week like this last one, it's not too hard to do. :-)

Stephen's heavy work load was a blessing in disguise. While it meant we had a large chunk of the day apart from one another (3-12), it also meant that I got the chance to really get to know his sister Erin. And she is a fantastic, wonderful human being who is great fun to hang out with. She made the afternoons a joy. We went shopping at thrift stores (even a vintage one), ate dinner, went to her boyfriend Tim's softball games and wandered Mechanicsburg.

At times it was like talking to myself... Stephen's mom said we are sisters separated at birth. *grins* It was nice to make a new friend, and especially because she is Stephen's sister.

I made sure to spend a lot of time just being with Stephen, cuddling and watching tv, talking and playing games. I met his grandparents, hung out with his dad and said hi to his friends.

Plus walking around Mechanicsburg, which is an extremely charming little town, was a refreshing change from Indy. ;-)

Friday Stephen took off work so we had the whole day to play. And today was my flight out of Baltimore so Erin, Tim, Stephen and I went to the Baltimore Aquarium and shopping at a power plant converted into a three story Barnes and Noble.

*phew*

And now I am ready to put away my suitcase and recover a bit. I work tomorrow but I may have Monday/Tuesday off work so I can rest and get some bits and errands done.

A special shout out and CONGRATULATIONS to my friend and former professor Aaron Housholder, his wife and his son on the soon-to-be birth of his second child. :-D Bet you're glad you're dissertation is done now! *grins*

'Quel

1 comment:

Aaron J. Housholder said...

Hey - Thanks for the shout out. It appears that my new dissertation deadline is somewhere around the end of February. Sweet. :)

Glad you had a great vacation, and glad you're back safely. Recover well.