I dissected a cat in my Anatomy class today. I enjoyed it. A lot.
It was especially fun cutting open the organs and inspecting the inner contents.
We (by this I mean fellow enthusiasts Leah and Tiffany, along with reluctant participant Heather) named our cat Kevorkian. It's ironic to me that Anatomy turned into an enjoyable class towards the end of the quarter. Next week is finals. I need a B on my final to pass the class. If only my final included a score for "enthusiasm while using a scalpel".
I can't believe it is June already. Wasn't it yesterday that there was snow on the ground and the year was just turning? So much has happened.
Annaliese is settled into her new home and I couldn't be happier that she lives so close. It's odd to know that I can drop by to see her whenever. I feel spoiled! I'm a pretty lucky girl to have my boyfriend and my best friend living ten minutes from my house.
Jake and I are doing well. I'm still trying to adjust to his odd hours. Because of work he has to be in bed by nine on most nights. And considering I don't get home from class till about ten, that leaves us only the weekends and Wednesday to hang out. Still, I won't complain. I'm very happy with Jake, and every moment I get to have with him is alright with me!
He and his family, along with Brooke's boyfriend and myself, went to his aunt and uncle's lake house yesterday. Sadly, the boat was out of commission so there was no tubing but we did take the canoe out with his cousin Katie who is super cute and funny. At one point, when it was just Jake and I, I pretended to tip the boat and ended up actually tipping the boat. *sigh* That led to a twenty minute drama in which we tried to figure out how to bail out the water while in the water. On the other hand, I did catch a fish using the canoe!
I think I need a new book to read. I am aching for a good story. I have been adding books like crazy to my amazon wish list but I won't have any extra spending money until next month. I'm so lucky to have enough money to pay off all my bills each month but I do wish I had a new tale to peruse. I'm simply starving for one. Oh well, there's always July!
I honestly can't believe I waited this far into the month to update my blog. I think it's perhaps that I have been so busy and tired that I let it slide. Sometimes you have to live life rather than record it! And I've agreed to give myself a break about writing consistently, especially during finals season. Summer is time to play (with a little school thrown in for spice and variety) and if I don't update frequently you'll know it's because the sunshine has been calling my name. I never could resist blue skies and a nice breeze. Neither can Bunny, apparently. She has been whining at the doors to be let out to enjoy the weather. Silly kitten.
I've felt very creative this week and have made all sorts of grand plans about crafting. Secretly I think only a few of them will come to fruition over the course of the summer but I'll be sure to let you know how they are coming along. Part of my plans is to do some more quilting. I love to quilt and just haven't had any time or inclination for awhile. I also have ideas for some aptly named "Idea Books" where I cut out pictures, fabrics and use paint chips to make a book of ideas and color schemes I like for decorating.
Between that, school, Jake, Annaliese, Molly and all my other friends, family and animals I think I can manage to keep myself pretty busy this summer.
So, hello June. Let's be friends!
'Quel
1 comment:
Do you have a library nearby? That might solve your story-craving, and it's free! No waiting till July! Get thee to a library!
Post a Comment