Monday, October 6, 2008

Christmas Gifts

You should enjoy the flurry of posting while you can! I’m notorious for quick bursts and long stops. It might be weeks until you see me again. :-)

However, I’m here now because I was inspired while reading a friend’s journal. She was talking about what the perfect Christmas gift for each of her family members was and she went beyond simply material things. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. So here’s a list of the things I’d get my close friends and family if I had unlimited resources. Where’s Bruce Wayne when you need him?

MOM – I’d get my mom three days without questions and a round trip ticket to wherever she wants to go so that she can finally read an entire book in one sitting. In essence, peace and quiet!

DAD – Dad would get a day where everyone agreed that he was right and didn’t ask him stupid questions. I’m not sure how I’d arrange this as he has a new story about someone being stupid practically every day but in a perfect world I could arrange it. I’d also arrange some sort of family get together, because he loves it best when his relatives are close by. Probably so he can annoy us. :-)

BRENT – A ticket to New Zealand. That or a couple tanks of gas to come visit which might be selfish. *grins*

MERCY – I’d say a horse but she has one! So I’d get her a laptop fully equipped with every editing and drawing tool available.

DANNY – Hands down, a new guitar and a chance to record something with his band.

CECILIA – I still think Rosie needs a rat. I know she’s got the kitten but I can still see my little blonde fairy sister with a brown rat sitting on her head.

ANNALIESE – Something to permanently erase the bags under her eyes that she dislikes so much. Plus a day at a spa where she can be pampered like the princess she is.

HANNAH – A long haired Chihuahua puppy. And a shared house with Jen, Jack and I.

JACK – All Jack needs/deserves is to get out of her house, so her gift would go along with Hannah’s. And yes, Jackie, you can bring Tyson. After all Hannah’s pup and mine will need someone to play with.

JEN – Although I can’t give Jen what she really wants (four to six children) I can give her some wickedly cute maternity clothes. Not to mention the chance to live outside of the Taylor bubble. *pop* Jen would be sent to live in Indy with part of the sisterhood.

KATE – I want Kate to have a man. Not because she NEEDS one, mind you, because she’s absolutely perfect as is but because I just want to see how Kate looks when she’s in love. Bet she’s even cuter. ;-) Alright, that’s kind of a selfish wish. I’d also have to give Kate an entire day with Edward Cullen. *sigh* And that’s as unselfish as it gets, people.

Now I’ve got to work on my Marriage and Family Systems test.
Jack’s Mannequin comes out tomorrow. Be happy!

Much love,

‘Quel

No comments: