I think there's something wrong with my brain.
I can't just be happy. I can't take anything at face value. If I start to feel like things are going well, I'm immediately suspicious.
At the risk of sounding schizophrenic here, I'm not sure I trust people. Because I know who I am and what I am like, and I've seen the kinds of things people say and do to each other.
And sometimes, I just don't think it's worth the risk to try.
Yup, the cynic in me is wide awake today while the rest of my scrambles around trying to figure out how to function without any sleep.
Lack of sleep is a funny thing. You're exhausted but unable to relax. Every tiny thing is big enough to keep you from resting.
It also removes the censor from your brain. Just a heads up. So don't have heart to heart conversations when you're going on eight hours of sleep in three days. ;-)
Alright. As promised, three songs I'm currently addicted to that you should probably check out.
Glycerine - Bush
I'm never alone
I'm alone all the time
are you at one
or do you lie
we live in a wheel
where everyone steals
but when we rise it's like strawberry fields
This is one of those songs that I can't explain for sure why I like. It's probably a mix of the sorrowful backdrop being painted by the keys and bass, along with the steady quality of the lead singer's voice. Not to mention the strings... I love strings in rock songs. Especially in the latter half of the song. I actually didn't pay attention to the lyrics at all until someone was like, 'did he jsut say strawberry fields? what the heck?' So I checked.
Oh, be back later. Ugly Side by Blue October and Paper Thin Hymn by Anberlin coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment