
'The Pumpkin Patch'
Fall Break was much better than I anticipated. I feel refreshed and motivated. Better than I have all semester, in fact. Wierd, huh? :-)
With that preface I must say it didn't start out great. Mom called me at seven in the morning on Thursday, woke me out of a deep sleep, and reminded me of an eye appointment I had at nine in Brownsburg. Which meant I had to leave RIGHT THEN and I hadn't even packed yet! I didn't even end up making it but they postponed my appointment until Friday morning and that meant I had all day Thursday free. So, pros and cons to that. I mean, who really needs an adequate amount of sleep anyway?
THURSDAY - After the requisite hellos to the puppies and my family, I called Hannah. Quickly decided I HAD to see her and spent the afternoon with her and Jackie. We grabbed a couple horses, bridled them and hopped on bareback. Highlight of the ride was, after I fell off, the two of them trying to figure out how to get me back up on my pony. *grins* It was one of my less graceful moments. Poor Auggie... he was so good natured.
Afterwards we watched Baby Mama, which I am ashamed to admit liking. But I do. Tina Fey slays me. I wish I could keep a straight face when cracking jokes like she does.
FRIDAY - Cleaned, went to lunch with my grandparents'. Mm... real food. The kind of stuff that college students dream of during horrible Sunday dinners at Taylor. ;-)
Then Jack and I went to three of my absolute favorite stores in THE WORLD. Seriously and truly. Keep in mind that these are on level with one another. None is better than the other. Barnes and Noble, Hot Topic and Victoria's Secret. The only store I did not buy anything from, incidentally, was B&N. Mostly because I bought an adorable jacket from HT and had no money left over.

'My Jacket.'
SATURDAY - Hung out at home mostly. MORE cleaning and some valuable doggie time. Spent awhile working with Daisy trying to get her used to some of the more basic obedience commands. She's def. food motivated. And has an attention span of two minutes. XD
Rode Auggie again and lost my phone at the barn. *sigh* At least the training session went well. He's so smart!
SUNDAY - Church. Went to my parent's sunday school class. It was pretty good. Reminded me of Historic Christian Belief, but better. I like having different age ranges... don't get enough of that at Taylor.
Hannah, her boyfriend Kyle, Lyd and her friend Lindsey and I went to Beasley's to pick pumpkins. Or as Hannah called it, 'the pumpkin orchard'. It was a lot of fun and the weather was GORGEOUS.

'Hannah and Kyle on the hay ride to the pumpkin patch'
Of course The Black Pearl came, much to their dismay.
I headed back to Taylor early to have dinner with Tim. Then we watched, um, maybe four hours of Family Guy. I hadn't seen the Star Wars Blue Harvest one in its entirety and it was fricking hysterical! Nice to finally have someone to watch that show with... no one else I know gets it. :-)
I'll have something more interesting to post about later. This is the skeleton because I have to head to work in about ten minutes.
Much love,
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment