Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Rainy Saturday

My last post was depressing. Mostly because these past seven days have been the week from hell. Ugh.
But at least it's Saturday which means that I can finish numerous small projects that still need to get done, work on some homework and be completely and utterly lazy. Catching up on some much needed sleep would be nice, too. ;-)

I don't really have plans for the weekend beyond taking a shower so that's pretty nice. Spent yesterday evening hanging out with Tim, and then Foz and Kate and I talked for HOURS. It was nice to catch up with some people I haven't seen in awhile. Schoolwork has a tendency to make me into a roombound college student. Plus the floor was quiet becuase everyone was on a pick-a-date, so I could enjoy moving from room to room without big crowds everywhere.
Okay, if you're still here after reading all that, forge on and read my song choices.
*yawns* I'll try to be more interesting next time.

Alright, because I really want you to check out these songs I'm including them in this post.

Ugly Side by Blue October

Somehow I slept
I dream, I mean
I dreamt of nothing
Able to breathe
A sweet relief
Now that you're here with me

I only want you to see
My favorite part of me
And not my ugly side

Pretty much the only song that isn't explicit on Blue October's label, and I love it. It starts out real slow and quiet with a gorgeous middle eastern-esque instrumental solo. And although the lyrics are completely awesome, it's really the music that makes this song so addictive. About the lyrics, though. :-) It's a song that I can relate to. In general we as people don't want others to see the bad parts of us, our 'ugly side'. But the people who really love you have seen it and love you anyway. And... I managed to make that sappy. XD But enjoy the song, really.

Paper Thin Hymn by Anberlin

These roads never seemed so long
Since your paper heart stopped beating leaving me suddenly alone
Will daybreak ever come?

Who's gonna call on Sunday morning?
Who's gonna drive you home?
I just want one more chance
To put my arms in fragile hands

If you don't like rock, or blasting your music, this song might not be for you. It starts out strong and BEGS to be turned up. The lyrics are easy to follow (no screamo music here, thank you) and the verses are so well-written. The lead singer, whose name escapes me at the moment, has a smooth voice that surprised me. I was expecting more of a growly I'm a rock star thing. And although I'm now utterly addicted to Anberlin, this was the first song of theirs I listened to and is still my favorite.

Much love

'Quel

No comments: