People you love are going to dissapoint you. It's one of those nasty facts of life. And for a long time I didn't know how to handle it. Along with being a people pleaser (a big factor in my depression), I had an all or nothing attitude towards people who broke my trust. Not a great recipe for being content.
Luckily I realized something else, something even harder to accept; I am going to dissapoint the people I love.
Which means that a certain amount of forgiveness and grace should be applied, because I want people to do the same for me.
There are limits, don't get me wrong. But part of being human is being an ass every once in awhile. The people who love you, love you despite this.
I've been working hard on myself, trying to become a healthy and whole person. Some recent discoveries about me and my nature have really helped me blossom and grow. Not that I claim to have it together. (excuse me while I laugh hysterically and then catch my breath) But at least I feel more at peace with who I am.
I encourage you to try being happy with yourself. There's nothing like it. :-)
'Quel
2 comments:
It is a huge weight off your shoulders when another little piece of you falls into place, isn't it?
Yeah! :) I like this post!
Post a Comment