Shoulda, coulda, woulda!
And that's all I have to say about my extended leave from the blogging world. Except to say, I've missed this. Writing out my thoughts, feelings and observations really helps me focus and get a handle on my life. On the other hand, I've been feeling a little down and out of sorts and I neglected writing rather than spend too much time dwelling on this valley period.
Rather than recap my life so far I'm just gonna ramble. It's too tiring trying to remember precisely what has happened since the beginning of August. If I did that I'd never get up the energy to update my blog!
Work has been interesting. My boss can be, er, a tad demanding and perfectionistic, and not often in the 'good' ways. It's frustrating, but I truly am learning a lot. I get to draw blood, prep for exams, weigh and take temps, medicate and feed plus learn about all the animals and conditions that come through the hospital on a daily basis. Today, for instance, we had a de-scented skunk come by!
I've been casually looking for apartments but everywhere I look has some major flaw. I don't need the Ritz, but my apartment has to allow rats and a cat for a reasonable fee and be in a good neighborhood. I didn't think those requirements would be hard to meet but boy was I wrong! Oh well. I will not fail, never fear my friends.
I've had some great opportunities to relax and hang out with Stephen and his family since I've arrived. Erin, her father and I went to Hershey Park for her birthday to ride roller coasters which was exhausting but lots of fun. We've also made half a dozen Wal-Mart runs. She's cool; tonite we whipped up some panckaes around ten thirty because we were craving them. I'll miss her when she heads to E-Town for college.
Stephen and I are doing well, just learning how to adjust to seeing one another all the time! It's been a blessing and an eye opener, that's for sure. :p
The weather here has been uber hot so I haven't had much time for exploring. I have done a little bit of walking but I still haven't had the chance to hit up the library or Fairy Godmother's (a vintage dress shop) or Eckel's (ice cream shop where part of Girl, Interupted was filmed).
I miss my family a lot -hi mom! hi dad! hi grandma and grandpa! hi sibs!- but I think this change will be good for me in the end. However, I'm not going to deny that I've shed a few tears or been sad about not being able to drive home real quick, or hang out with my awesome family members. It's difficult trading an environment where everyone loves, supports and cares for you with one where you're only sure that one person really likes you, and everyone else either tolerates or is annoyed by you! I miss Auggie and the dogs and my cat, too.
Everything in life is a trade off. This is my temporary trade off. *sigh*
Love to you all! I hope you're all well and, might I add, YOU all need to update your blogs as well. ;-)
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment