I could probably become a crazy cat lady. Except instead of cats I will have rats.... and a couple dogs.
*ahem* But until that fateful day, I have Adelaide and Olivia to keep me company. And since they have had limited time outside their cage to play, today was a ratty adventure day! First I completely scrubbed and cleaned out their cage and all their toys while they napped on my bed.
Next I ran a little bit of water in the bathtub and took them swimming. This is something that Adelaide adores and Olivia hates. Which is odd, because Olivia is the brave, daredevil one. But while Addie splashed through the water and stuck her head under the slow drip from the faucet, Olivia stood on the very edge of the water as if it was going to kill her. This was a rare chance for Addie to one up her sister, so she spent part of her time rolling and getting soaked and then standing next to Olivia and shaking water all over her. Hey, rats are smart, people!
Then they got cleaned up with 'Little Critter Wipes' that make them smell like baby powder. Neither of them particularly enjoys this but a bowl of watermelon cubes made up for the indignity of getting clean.
In a little bit I am going to dress them up in their little bows and take pictures. Don't judge until you see the pictures. You will squeal.
:p
Sometimes it's fun to just enjoy being with my animals. Can you imagine being satisfied with simple things like a bathtub, some watermelon and time spent with a person you adore? (I assume that licking, nibbling and cuddling with me amounts to rat adoration)
Have a great day hanging out with someone you love. :-)
'Quel
3 comments:
awww!Bath tub rats! How cute!
I never squeal.
You will... you will.
Post a Comment