Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Letters Home

I love writing letters. I'm rather sad that it's become somewhat of a lost art. Unlike e-mail, you can hold and treasure a letter for a long time. A letter shows that someone took the time to sit down and, with you in mind, have a little chat. Luckily I have a few willing and cheerful correspondents; my baby sister Cecilia, my great grandmother and my aunt. Although my aunt and I just mail each other little things that we find. :p

I had to deal with a loan company today. I was SO nervous. As I dialed the number I was reminded of the time my mom made me call information and ask for the number to a local pizza place just so I could get over my fear of talking to people on the phone. I must've cried and argued for over an hour before I finally called information. The operator must've thought I was sick or something! And since then I've been a receptionist, plus I answer phones and deal with irate people on a daily basis. Oh how far I've come! *grins*

Luckily the man at Citibank was very patient and helpful and had no problem answering even my dumbest questions. I feel like I took a step into the adult world! But just an itsy bitsy one...

I am worried about making forty hours at work so I am looking into additional hours at another job/cutting back on my vet tech job and supplementing with other employment. We'll see what happens. I don't want to give up now!

I'm off to finish my letter writing. Nite, and love!

'Quel

Oh! Plus a belated and super special CONGRATULATIONS to Marika on her marriage! All the best, Meeka! :-D

1 comment:

meeka said...

Thanks, Raquel!! I miss you! I really need to update my blog....haha. Maybe tomorrow... :)