Friday, August 21, 2009

Lemon Drops and Red Hots Equal LOVE

Yummy.

I got an awesome care package from my family today that made me squeal and jump about with excitement. In addition to some funny cards, a great coloring of my cat by my little sister, my contacts, and a few other lovely items I got a small bag of lemon drops, red hots and root beer gummies. I love my family. :-) I've only begun to realize in the last couple of years how exceptional they are. Not many families are so close and loving. Sure we annoy the hell out of one another and we're pretty loud and sarcastic but we truly love and care about each other. That kind of support, I am discovering, is rarer than I thought.

Work is going well. A tad frustrating because I am not getting all the hours I need. I don't much feel like complaing any more tonite a) because I am too happy and b) because I just don't wanna until I can actually DO something about it and not just be annoyed.

A funny story for you.
On his way to work today Stephen dropped me off at the library so I could peruse the books (and the DVD's. They have four seasons of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman! Yipee!). Turns out I couldn't get a card without a piece of mail addressed to my current residence (which I now have thanks to my package) so after reading a couple comic books I walked back to the house. While waiting at a busy intersection for the 'WALK' sign to light up I noticed a blue truck start to slow down. Next thing I know the guy (who was kinda cute, not gonna lie) leaned out the window and yelled, "Damn girl. Whoo!"
I did a double take, not really sure he was talking to me, and then I bust out laughing. Probably not the most flattering response for his ego. I then waved cheerfully and crossed the road, all the while shaking my head with this stupid, amused grin on my face. Oh, boys. They never fail to amuse!

'Quel

1 comment:

The Raven and The Vixen said...

LOL! Face it sister, we're too gorgeous not to get that response!