Well, maybe a little.
It's only that I have not had very much to say, or I have had too much to say and not enough brains to process it into coherent sentences.
Perhaps I will tell you a little of the good things. I think you might like to hear about the happy times in my life. :-) You see, I have discovered that I am having more fun being a twenty something than I ever did as a teenager. My late teenage years were more stressful than most and while I don't regret them, I wish I could've loosened up a little more. This chapter in my life is about balancing the responsibility with the craziness of being young.
The biggest change in my life recently is the addition of my newest daughter. I tried really hard to find you a good picture amongst the dozens there are of her but she contrives to never look straight at the camera so all I've got are chin shots, and none of the two of us. So here is a picture of two of my loves.
"Jake and Molly"Molly Jane is a year and a half old black lab mix who adopted me. When I came to Harrison I was seriously worried about how many animals I might end up with. Then I was told that our clinic only works with dogs from a lab rescue place and I knew I was safe. You see, I intensely dislike labradors. They're so... common. And not only that but they're kind of boring looking dogs. So, no attraction there.
So I thought. Ha, ha, Raquel. There you go thinking you know what's going to happen. Ha, ha.
Then about six weeks ago I met Molly.
(Her name was Daisy but since she has been renamed that is how I will refer to her.)
She charmed me utterly. For such a young dog she was gentle and patient about taking a lead, she tolerated endless medical procedures (often by inexperience or rough handlers), responded politely to every dog she met and exuberantly to every human. Her past only made me love her more. You see, Molly was one of those Christmas Puppies I love to rant against. You know the story. Parents buy their kids a puppy for Christmas and when the puppy misbehaves and mom ends up doing all the work, the puppy gets abandoned at the pound. Despite all of that, Molly still had faith in humans. I started spending more time with her, working on some basic commands and was delighted when she started learning. Finally, the cherry on top, was the way she treated me when I wasn't feeling well. Whenever I felt like I was too faint or dizzy to walk, she would whine at me and lay her head on my lap like she knew. (A week ago, in fact, she pulled on my hand before I had a seizure and was standing over me when Jake and his mother found me lying on the floor)
However, it took Jake prodding me to talk to his parents about Molly before I actually acknowledged the fact that a lab mix had stolen my heart. A female, nonetheless. I prefer male animals and yet out of the eight I own, only Izzy the cat and Auggie the horse are boys.
I've rambled. You'll forgive me and skim, I hope. ;-)
Other than Molly, I have been spending as much time as I can with Jake. He's got a crazy work schedule that calls for him to have early hours, whereas my school tends to make me live late hours so we cuddle, and walk, and talk and other things when we can. *grins* I love him, have I mentioned that? He showed me love that I didn't know existed, and surprised me when I wasn't expecting to be swept off my feet. He's everything I didn't know I needed and more. Hear that, Jacob? I love you, cutie.
Annaliese successfully moved into the Mertz' and I am so excited that she is only ten minutes away from my house! I am looking forward to having my bestie around as much as possible. This will be a summer of swimming, partying, camping, playing with dogs, movies and, yes, even a little bit of industry as I work on my classes.
And of course I'm sure you're dying to know that my newest ratties are doing very well. Little Astrid Elise has really begun to look like a siamese rat, while Josee Renee has the softest little ears of all the girls. They enjoy long romps on the bed with mommy and their big sisters. They also like to harass Bunny.
Bunny, of course, is still convinced that she is an only cat-child and refuses to acknowledge Molly or any other animals.
I am doing well. My most recent addition to the medicine cabinet seems to be helping and I am a pretty happy, content person these days. I am in love with the man of my dreams, I have a family who cares about me, pets to play with, and a purpose in life. I am a pretty lucky girl.
I wish you all well!
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment