I am in bed cuddling with my kitten. It's very easy to make her happy. When I wake up in the morning, I stretch and yawn. I check my phone for the time and then I whisper into the dark room. As soon as she hears her name, my little white kitten trots to the bed, hops up, and curls up into the crook of my arm. She kisses me good morning with a vigorous and thorough tongue, content to be with her mommy. Right now she has her head resting on my laptop as I type. She knows that as soon as I close my computer we are going upstairs for breakfast.
I truly cannot imagine a life without animals.
You see, I try to be very open minded. I try to put myself in the shoes of others when they talk. But I do not think I will ever understand someone who doesn't like animals. I do not blame them, as it takes all kinds and all that jazz, but I am completely mystified. I simply don't understand.
My animals, while less important than the people in my life, are still very important to me. They each have their own little personalities, quirks and preferences. They love simple things, and they help ME to love the simple things too. A full belly, a spot in the sun to curl up in, a mommy to play with, sisters to wrestle and occasional treats.
I love my girls.
Speaking of, my two new ratties are doing very well. Astrid and Josee have met their big sisters (whom they adore. the big girls don't care) and are settling in very nicely. Astrid is a daddy's girl; she absolutely adores Jake. If he's not here she looks for him and finally settles for hanging out with me, but she'd much rather be on Jake's shoulder, or in his lap. Josee is a little troublemaker and definitely a clown. She climbs the rungs of her cage like monkey bars and sends me into fits of giggling.
It is May 1.
I used to think that a new month meant a fresh start, but now I am thinking that every day is a fresh start. Nevertheless, I am not unhappy to leave April behind.
Enjoy your weekend everyone!
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment