Friday, April 9, 2010

Animals, and Galore

My cat is nuts. Absolutely positively nuts.
She is tearing around my bedroom like a crazed monkey, jumping halfway up the walls to bat at some invisible foe. She has herself so worked up that her ears are flat against her head, her tail is straight up and out and whenever I try and touch her she starts a series of somersaults with claws extended.

My first thought was, she's possessed.
But now that I think about it, it's more likely she got into some catnip. Although where she got it is beyond me. I haven't bought catnip in several months. Maybe Bunny has a dealer? And if that's the case, how the heck is she buying the stuff?

The rats are annoyed with me because I have them on a diet. I'm limiting some of their fattier (and naturally favorite) foods because all of them have put on too many ounces. All three of them look over their healthy food choices and then stare at me, as if to say, "We know this isn't it, lady. Cough up the goods."

Little do they know that in a few weeks their lives will be turned upside down even more when I bring home two little dumbo rats. *squeals* My breeder put up new pictures of them at three weeks old today and I was excited to see the changes in them since their birth. Josee is the darker girl, and she has perfectly formed butterfly ears with a very mischievous look in her eyes. Astrid is a color between cream and caramel. She seems shy, but then again, it's hard to tell her personality through a picture.

Tomorrow looks to be a good day. I have mountains of studying that I am eager to tackle, an afternoon to spend with my sisters and some cuddle time with the rats (who have felt a tad neglected lately). If only the weather would be warm it would make my day complete! ;-)

Saturday I am attending the Hoosier Horse Fair with Jake, Leona and Jennifer. Leona and Jennifer are crazy horse people and I am super excited to check out the stallions of the different breeds and drool over tack. In the afternoon there is a hot tub party. I've missed hanging out with groups of people my age, and the chance to chill (and drink!) with Alex, Heather, Mike and Kenny is great. Of course, I'm limited to one drink but since I've never tried any of Mike's Hard Lemonade (or other flavors) I think that's what I'll go for. Always nice to try something new!

I joined the HCVTA; Harrison College Vet Tech Association! We are volunteering for Mutt Strut, which is an event that raises money for the Humane Society. Participants walk the Indy500 track with dogs, and sometimes even pigs, cats and ponies! The experience will be fantastic. It's great to be in school, but I also enjoy putting my skills to practical use in the world.

*big yawn*

It's past bedtime for me, darlings. I wish you well.

'Quel

1 comment: