(It's also not often that I have a sucky weekend followed by a great week, but this'll be the one!)
I can't blame the weekend for its faults, of course. Jake and I were both sleep deprived, and stressed. The highlight of the weekend was visiting Jennifer Crooks' newborn son who is super cute and makes me incredibly jealous. Other than that, our plans for a restful weekend were struck down. We spent hours upon hours in the car traveling, running errands and getting things that needed to be done done. We crammed chores in between errands and errands in between trips. We even worked on our budget while we were driving to Fort Wayne to pick up his mother!
Perhaps it is needless to say that I slept in this morning and man did I need it. I feel sorry for my poor fiance, who continued the exhausting weekend into today; waking up early and then going to school all afternoon and evening.
But on to the good stuff. :-)
After sleeping in and spending untold hours on passiveagressivenotes.com (HIGHly recommended) I decided to clean my room. And man is it clean. Every surface has been scrubbed, I've sorted through every item of clothing I own, organized my school books, vacuumed, clean rat cages and tackled the disorganization that is my chest of drawers. It feels fantastic! Aside from some filing and scheduling to do on Wednesday, for once, I am on top of things.
Not to mention that having today off due to a postal holiday meant that I didn't have Parasitology with my drill sergeant professor. Double yay!
Things to look forward to;
-Getting my adorable rose tea set from Marika's etsy shop trillity (ALSO highly recommended).
-An actual restful weekend with my fiance.
-Going to class with Dr.Lyons and having fun with learning.
-Filling in my calendar (this is fun for me!)
-Planning out Christmas shopping. I generally shop WAY early, getting done before my birthday.
-All of October's celebrations including the Halloween party, the Headless Horseman fest, hanging out with Jen & J.D., parties at Kenny's... the list may go on! :p
Yours truly is in an excellent mood!
Enjoy your week!
1 comment:
Glad to hear about your great day! The tea set should be getting to you REAL soon!
Post a Comment