I made up the word 'Octoberphilia' but I think it suits and I couldn't find another word that works as well.
Every October I'm reminded of why this is my favorite month. The leaves burst into colors of orange and red, the weather is either soft and rainy or cool and breezy (my two favorites) and even the air has a different smell to it.
I love October for many reasons, of which you've probably read before if you have followed my blog for more than a year. It's the month of Halloween, a holiday in which adults can dress up as if they are children again. It's perfect riding weather. The RenFaire is in October, as is the Headless Horseman Carnival. It's also the beginning of the holiday season, and the prelude to my birthday.
And in two years I will have another reason to love October; it will be my wedding anniversary.
When Jacob and I first started talking about when to get married I knew I wanted the month to be October. It's always been a good time for me, and I can't imagine another month more suitable in which to tie the knot. It just so happens that the day on which we're getting married- Thursday, is also my favorite day of the week.
Some days it seems so far away, and others I think that the two years will pass so quickly I will wonder where they went.
I am going to be twenty three next month. That seems so very odd to me. Does the changing of age ever seem normal? Will I ever look at a birthday without wondering how I got to be the age I am?
Melancholy thoughts unsuited to my favorite month. *grins*
I'm off to frolic in the yard with my kitten, who has been yowling to be let out to play for most of the day. I think October is her favorite month, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment