Someday I would like to have a home of my own. A place I make comfortable and loving and sweet for my own little family. A place to return to, after a day away working and doing what I love. Every piece of furniture and each furnishing carefully placed and decided on by my husband and I, where I can cook and laugh and read and play and live with all of my animals and my best friend, and someday my children.
Someday I want some land of my own. Acres on which well fed, perhaps a little scruffy, animals graze. There'll be at least two horses but the other animals I don't yet know. I want a swing, an old time wooden swing, and a hammock to rest in. I want a porch on which to rock my babies. I want my house to be blue.
Someday I want to sit down at my dining room table next to my love, with the dogs snoring on the floor or begging, and hear the babbling of my young children and know that I am home. Perhaps my house won't be perfectly clean, and there will be bills to pay, but I will be happy and beloved.
These are my dreams, little and simple as they are.
I am quiet and thoughtful tonight, but the darkest point has passed.
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment