It's that time again.
The time when I extrapolate and expound on the awesomeness of my ratty friends.
I have not been very well, and my room and the rats' cages have gotten a little messier than I usually allow. Today I decided enough was enough and I picked up and vacuumed, cleaned rat cages and then decided on some ratty bonding time.
I adore my rats. I will be devastated that day that my fist little girls, the ones I raised from penny-size, move on. It may be hard to believe, but these little rodents with their whippy tails and ever moving noses and ears are dear friends. They are each bursting with personality and affection. Having been an owner of hamsters I wasn't expecting much from my investment, but imagine my pleasant shock when I realized that my rats LOVE to spend time with me! They crawl on me, give me kisses, snuggle up in my shirt to sleep and run after me whenever I move. They are the msot low maintenance pets I've ever had.
Aside from that cricket I accidentally killed by keeping it in a jar with no holes.
It seems almost wrong to even call them pets. They are so much more to me.
And I love making them happy; it takes so little! An adventure with mommy on the floor, scrambled eggs for dinner, a scratch behind the ear. Even new boxes to explore constitute a holiday.
All the while I have been typing this, Olivia has been having adventures. She wants to write:
gdwf
That side of the keyboard is her favorite. She also likes to close my internet windows and unplug my computer.
Today, I am thankful for my ratty girls; Olivia, Addie, Romy and Astrid. They add fun and personality to my day, and comfort me when no one else can. After all, who else do you know that will lick my hand all over and then snuggle up on my chest to sleep? *grins*
'Quel
Halloween is in a few short days!
No comments:
Post a Comment