My good friend and fellow writer Valerie (check her out at her blog 'Woman With a Pen' listed on the right side!) wrote a delightful post about her guilty pleasures and it inspired me to come clean about a few of my shameful indulgences. So, with thanks to that amazing poet and grad student, here is my list!
ANTM: America's Next Top Model is not so much a deep dark secret of mine so much as something that makes me blush when I admit to liking it. Whenever I say, "I just watch it for the clothes! And the photo shoots!" I feel like I'm not being completely honest, but I will be with you. Lucky you! I am addicted to this little bit of reality television and I'm not sure why. Somewhere between Tyra's self-obsession, skinny girls getting agressive, and the, admittedly, amazing clothes and photo shoots, I became a junkie.
Bridezillas: I promise not all of my confessions will be shows. This is the last one, I swear! Again, I don't know why I like this show. Perhaps it's that train wreck mentality. You just can't look away! Plus a little bit of me likes being shocked and awed by the outrageous behaviour the women on this show display. It's also a good guide of what NOT to do when planning your wedding. :p
Stuffed Animals: According to some people I am entirely too old for stuffed animals. But that doesn't stop me from "collecting" lion king plushies. I have about fifteen and they all get cuddled daily so they don't feel left out. Along with my propensity for coloring and my deep love of animal crackers, my plushies make me seem like I never left kindergarten.
Roleplaying: I'm turning twenty three next month but I still enjoy living in a fantasy world from time to time. Er, or a lot of the time, as the case may be. My roleplaying takes the form of an online forum where writers create worlds that characters can take part in, all done via the written word. I like to argue that it keeps my writing skills sharp but really, it's all for fun.
That is all. I think I have revealed most of my dark, dirty secrets for you and it past my bedtime! Much love!
'Quel
2 comments:
Seeing this made my day! I'm so glad you ran with the idea. Feels good to have it out there, doesn't it? :)
What role playing game is that?
Post a Comment