Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Passing Days

In one year, eleven months and three weeks I'll be married*. Jake says that the time goes faster or slower depending on the day but to me it just feels like it is going slooooooowly. Although I am sure that once it comes to doing more planning I'll feel the rush a little more. But I doubt you will hear me wishing for more time! Even if all the guests have to eat Chick-Fil-A and the groomsman walk down the aisle in mismatched tuxes I won't care. I'll be marrying my best friend and I'd do that in a courthouse if I had to. (Although I do love the dress I've chosen)

*I do not know this information off the top of my head. I filled out the information for one of those ticker things which you can now see at the top of the blog.

This week has been a good one, but an adjustment. For one, I have seen Jake every day! He is helping me watch my youngest sister Cecilia at my parent's house; he wakes her up for school at six, and I see her on the bus, while I go to school at night he hangs out with her and sends her to bed. In addition, very night I have been making dinner for my little family. It has given me a lot more confidence in the kitchen. I made lemon pepper chicken one night, salmon and Caesar salad another, and tonight we had spaghetti and green beans. It was more fun than it probably deserved to plan out my meals and cook them. Luckily, Jake is not a picky eater and will try anything. Cecilia loved all of the things I made, except anything green. :p She hates veggies.

Today, I got a haircut! It's going to sound extremely snobby of me, but I don't like letting anyone but my stylist Debbie touch my hair. Someone else dyeing it is fine, but not cutting or styling. Unfortunately, it's a rare month when I have a spare eighty bucks lying around for Debbie to do my hair. *sigh* Yes, I'm a snob about my hair.
Anyway, I had twenty bucks in my pocket so I decided to get a much needed haircut while Jake had his tire fixed at Big O. And know what?! The girl who did my hair did an AMAZING job! It's cute, and perfectly layered and she made my bangs look so gorgeous. And it all lays just right! *happy* It may seem very silly to you, especially if you are not a girl, but something about a new haircut makes you feel fresh and spunky. :-) That girl got the biggest tip because I was so shocked and pleased; almost 80%! *grins*

Can you believe it's almost Friday? Where has this week gone? For that matter, where is October going? I'm trying my best to enjoy every fall day because before we know it, winter will be here!

'Quel

P.s. I have grown tired of the layout. It happens! *grins* So look out for a change sometime soon.

No comments: