Right now I am ensconced in a striped patio chair watching Daisy and Hank cavort around the yard while Izzy patiently stalks a hapless chipmunk perched on the woodpile. Malachi is whining at my arm, insisting that it is much too warm for any sane person to be outside. On the other side of the screen door are two tabby kittens, yellow and gray, who are mewing that they would gladly change places with Malachi if they could.
Makes me miss my other kitty!
...and meanwhile the pomeranian from hell yaps next door. I hate pomeranians and little dogs of that sort. Hey, I'm a dog lover, you all know that, and I've treated small dogs at my vet clinic, not to mention the pups I've cuddled and played with. But little dogs take a special kind of patience and love to own.... and you have to be partially hard of hearing.
I've been home less than twenty four hours and I've already contacted a couple apartment places for information. When Princess Annaliese visits next weekend (wait! It's THIS weekend! YAY!), she, my mom and dad and I will go a-visiting. With any luck I'll be in an apartment before my birthday!
I've definitely become a little more relaxed, and confident in my own skin. I feel a little older, and surer about my plans for the future. Although, as I have so often discovered, 'plan' means 'the thing which you want to happen and work for, but which often ends up changing drastically, hopefully for the better'.
The bookstore job I thought was a guarantee has turned out to be less than one, but I'm not too worried. I'll find something. And I'll be sure to keep you updated. I seem to have gotten my second wind for blogging!
Aaaand a couple more pictures of Indi 'cause he's so darn cute!!
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment