Today is not better.
Addie gave birth to one very large stillborn female this morning. After two hours with no more babies born I rushed her to the emergency vet, who confirmed that there is one more baby stuck in the womb, and it too, is large. Possibly the babies died because Addie had trouble giving birth to them.
My little princess is at the vet's. They gave her Oxycontin to progress her contractions to see if she can push the stuck baby out naturally. If she cannot they will do an emergency spay. Surgery always holds complications, but with small animals it is doubly so, because you never know how they will react to anasthesia.
That is all I know.
I know that she is only a rat to some. I know that most people will wonder why I even care.
But Addie is one of my babies. She is sweet and lovable and she has never been anything but a joy to me. I hurt because she lost her litter and because it is possible I may lose her, too.
I'm not ashamed of crying.
I only hope it turns out okay.
'Quel
1 comment:
No shame in crying when it hurts like that. Sorry to hear it hasn't gone well. Hang in there, Quel.
AJH
Post a Comment