Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Bucket List

I've always kind of scoffed at bucket lists, but I started thinking, what IS important to me? What would I like to do if I knew I had at least ten more years to live? So I made this list and I'm putting it here for you to peruse, and me to remember. I've actually done a lot of things I consider worthy of my bucket list but since they are done I did not include them.

My Bucket List
1. Spend an entire day naked
2. Go on a cruise to Alaska
3. Go on a cruise to the Caribbean, or Bahamas
4. Go to Africa and visit a wildlife refuge
5. Ride a horse along the beach
6. Own a goat, or goats!
7. Attend the live birth of a cow, a horse and a goat
8. Marriage to the man I love
9. Publish a story of any length in any publication
10. Go ice-skating again
11. Attend a conference or trip with a NatGeo photographer
12. Train a dog to be a Canine Good Citizen
13. Enter Agility or Obedience trials with a dog
14. Return to Disney World
15. Never be without an animal or pet of some kind
16. Breed a litter of rats
17. Get an unobtrusive paw-print tattoo somewhere on my body
18. Visit Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium again
19. Own a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
20. Adopt an older dog from a shelter
21. Spend a whole day on a quiet beach just enjoying the waves
22. Enter a photography contest, and place!
23. Be debt free
24. Take kick boxing or some other similar form of exercise
25. Horseback ride in costume
26. Go to Egypt and visit the Valley of the Queens
27. While in Egypt, visit Thebes and Luxor
28. Visit the Tower of London
29. Watch a new foreign film
30. Watch a semi-scary movie (Halloween, Scream) while cuddling with someone I love. Do this when I don’t have to sleep alone!
31. Make a quilt
32. Meet my 100 Book a Year Goal
33. Have a well-stocked library in my home
34. Take a college class I don’t need to take, but want to take
35. Volunteer at the animal shelter
36. Own several acres of good property (i.e. land, not suburbia)
37. Get an eyebrow piercing
38. Publish something non-fiction
39. Graduate with honors from Harrison
40. Ride in a hot air balloon
41. Learn to play chess
42. Do a nude photography shoot
43. Take an art class (anatomy, pencil, charcoal)
44. Pass my VTNE’s
45. Sign up for and complete NaNoWriMo
46. Be an extra in a film
47. Learn to take a compliment
48. Grow a useful and pretty garden
49. Learn a dance!
50. Keep up a budget and stick to it
51. Work with exotic animals
52. Go to a spa and indulge
53. Have a child
54. Create a home with an inviting, loving, welcoming atmosphere
55. Go whale watching
56. Work with an environmentalist or animal protection group
57. Grow a Bonsai
58. Own a country or farmhouse
59. Give up TV for a month
60. Attend the Kentucky Derby
61. Purchase an SUV, preferably hybrid
62. Learn sign language
63. Visit Chincoteague and Assateague
64. Go camping, real camping
65. Sleep on an overnight train
66. Buy a stranger’s meal for them
67. Drive a motorcycle
68. Skinny dip… again
69. Go to a ridiculously nice restaurant dressed to the nines
70. Steal a sign
71. Audition for a theatrical performance
72. Leave a 50$ tip for a fifteen dollar meal
73. Attend a wine tasting
74. Rent an uber-nice car to drive for a day
75. Take my parents to dinner
76. Road Trip with friends on the cheap
77. Have sex outside
78. Go sailing on a small boat
79. Swim with sharks
80. Swim with dolphins
81. Visit New Mexico (go back to the place of my birth)
82. Join an exercise class
83. Visit Cedar Point
84. Visit Pittsburgh Zoo to see their sharks, bears and sloths
85. Go to a dog show
86. Buy a bike and pick up regular bike riding again
87. Take my sisters on an overnight trip
88. Catalogue all the books I own
89. Get an elaborate, all day henna tattoo
90. Send someone flowers
91. Go on a real picnic
92. Get my portrait sketched
93. Buy some kick-ass, almost thigh high black boots with buckles
94. Work pottery on a wheel
95. Take a falconry class where I can fly a bird
96. Visit Traders Point Farm
97. See a Broadway musical (on or off broadway)
98. Be in two places at once
99. Attend a Cirque du Soleil performance
100. Work on an authentic cowboy ranch
101. Visit The Wilds in Cumberland, OH

1 comment:

The Raven and The Vixen said...

#97. Wait until Bare comes to Broadway and come see it with me. :3