Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh, Bother

Which is exactly what writing reviews has become. I started out so eagerly, but honestly, writing the damn things has made me avoid my blog which makes me a bit sad. So I'm just going to cut to the chase and give you my top ten for 2009.

1. The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans
2. World War Z by Max Brooks
3. Chocolat by Joanne Harris
4. Cleopatra’s Daughter by Michelle Moran
5. The Virgin’s Knots by Holly Payne
6. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
7. Watership Down by Richard Adams
8. Mercy by Jodi Picoult
9. Sex, Lies and Handwriting by Michelle Dresbold
10. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

If you honestly want my opinion on any of these books feel free to ask. ;-)

I got a new phone today and I am quite in love with it.

She hasn't got a name yet, but I do end up naming all my electronics eventually so I'm sure something will strike me soon. It's got a QWERTY keypad which has been a switch for someone used to the traditional keypad. But I've come to like it in the afternoon and evening I've had to play.

My dear and lovely friend Kate invited me to a Scrapbooking weeked with her, her sister and her mom next weekend and I agreed. It's so important to me to stay in touch with my college friends whenever I can. And especially with Kate, who will be joining the Peace Corps and leaving for the Middle East this summer for a two year stint. Luckily the weekend costs me nothing except a meal and some gas. Plus, I've been wanting to make a scrapbook featuring my animals for some time now but haven't made time for it. I'm very excited!

But before then I have my first busy week at school. I have a dog breed test on Tuesday and 150 math problems due in my math class on Thursday. Needless to say, I've remembered why I hated math. Ugh. Oddly enough, I did manage to pass my first math quiz with an A and it was a huge conversion problem! Yay me! :-D

I still love school. The only reason I keep saying that is because I keep expecting it to change, but honestly, I don't know why. Vet tech school was made for me. I'm so very happy doing what I am doing, in spite of medical calculations! I've even made some friends to study and talk with.

-gins- The rats are chasing one another up and down their cage and Bunny is watching with intent. You'd think losing part of your paw to a rat a third your size would teach you, but no. Bunny is oblivious. It's a good thing she's cute 'cause she's also pretty dumb. Then again... Stephen said something similar to me one time.... :p (He was kidding. Or at least he better have been!)

I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is study and get ready for the week day. Plus I have a dog to shave at Jake's house, possibly a movie to see and pictures to sort for this coming weekend.

Don't despair, readers. We will make it through these icky, bitter winter months.

'Quel

No comments: