Friday, March 6, 2009

A Day At The Barn; Pictures!

It's SO quiet.
CREEEEEEEPY.
I'm sitting on my favorite spot on my grandparent's cozy cream coloured couch (hello alliteration) and writing. The TV is on really low for background noise otherwise I would hear serial killers with every other breath. :p I'm giving myself a ten minute break but I'm actually quite pleased with what I have typed up so far.
*crosses fingers*
I'm submitting a piece about living with depression to a magazine interested in such things. I'm not getting excited. But I AM proud of myself. Even if I don't get accepted for publication, submitting something is a big step.
And I can always use another rejection letter for my file!

In order to counteract my low mood I spent two glorious, lovely, amazing hours at the barn today playing with the pony. My aunt, my sister and I played Auggie's versions of ball and tag. Not to mention riding him around bareback! He was SO good natured. :-D
Here are some pictures of our afternoon.


Raquel and Auggie trot after Aunt Jan. You can run but you can't hide! (Really, you can't. It's a round arena. :p)


We caught her! Now a wacky picture... Jan, the devil, Raquel the wrangler and Auggie the ever adorable.


Jan takes Auggie for a spin.


Auggie sticks out his tongue. Catch me!


Wearing Jan's hat. ;-)


Mercedes and Auggie play ball. I think Mercedes is winning...


I think he's about to make his move. No... really.


Mercedes' first bareback ride on her horse! Seriously, this is a huge accomplishment. Way to go, little sister!


'Auggie's Proud Owners'


And now I'm off to record my time spent today. I'm pretty excited about Stephen coming to visit tomorrow. He's bringing weapons which means I have the opportunity to kick his butt. *wicked grin*

'Quel

No comments: