Humans are funny creatures.
We're such a bundle of contradictions! One moment we're perfectly content, the next moment we worry ourselves to death over problems that won't exist next week. That's not to say our problems aren't important... just that they change and mutate so rapidly I can't say I remember what my biggest issue was at this time last year!
We love our families one moment and the next we are dying to shove them in a closet before we take more drastic measures.
Our jobs challenge and excite us one day and the next we swear we aren't going to put up with that crap anymore.
And we're so affected by our emotions! I mean, how do we even manage to make the simplest of decisions with emotion clouding our every thought? We feel emotions over such silly things, too! Like a good friend of mine's loathing of red drinks. I mean, is there even a precedent for that? I can't say I'd ever even given my opinion on red drinks any thought until she said that.
Speaking of things that we have silly opinions on... as the little man reminded me, tomorrow is FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!
YES! *grins*
And I hesitate to share this conversation with you, as it only highlights my propensity for blonde moments, but it's too good NOT to share.
Raquel (1:29:42 PM): But I was born on a Friday the Thirteenth so I have a special affinity for it.
Stephen (1:29:49 PM): ah, okay
Raquel (1:30:09 PM): Sweet! My birthday is, in fact, on the thirteenth this year.
Stephen (1:30:20 PM): isn't it every year?
Raquel(1:30:33 PM): *cracks up* I'm a dork.
Obviously I meant that it was on FRIDAY the thirteenth this year. *sigh*
Love from an intelligent girl who still has her blonde moments,
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment