Sunday, March 8, 2009

Much Ado About Something

I've been a different person lately. More confident, more relaxed.
I like the change. Where has this Raquel been all my life?!

But it's definitely caused me to see others in a different light. I've taken a lot of crap, and I've grown tired of it.
I'm not perfect. God knows, and you know, I'm gonna be the last one to claim perfection in the friend department. Or ANY department (well... maybe as a big sister. *wicked grin* Nah, totally kidding)
But I'm not going to put myself out there for more abuse than I have to. Relationships require a certain amount of trust, love, support and honesty on both sides. If the relationship becomes more of a 60/40 or 70/30 balance, then someone is going to feel like they have to strain to make everything fit together.
And I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being worn out, and worried and never feeling quite comfortable in my own skin or in the fabric of my friendships.

So I've been doing a lot of thinking, thanks to my newfound mental health and with the help of some rather interesting sources. :-P And I'm not going to stop being a friend, or a listener or an ardent supporter, but I am going to stop making myself uncomfortable by forcing myself on someone else.

I danced in the rain today!
And not only THAT, I sparred in the rain today, too!

Stephen brought his staffs and when the rain was the coldest and windiest and wildest we went out to the backyard barefoot to beat the crap out of one another. And I think I did pretty well. Right up until he cracked my knuckles! Man that hurt like HELL!

All in all the weekend was one filled with Mythbusters, Mystery Science Theatre 3000, badly dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh parodies and wit to rival Beatrice and Benedick's*. ;-) I had a fantastic time and pretty soon it will be road trip time with Laura and the gang! Hello Spring Break! Well, theirs anyway.

From Yours Truly, who is somewhat tired, quite happy, a little sore, mentally clear and ready for the future.

'Quel

*This is a reference to Shakespeare's play Much Ado About Nothing which is one of my favorite comedic pieces. I was forced to watch it against my will but found it to be a much better film than I thought! :-)

No comments: