We're human beings. We obsess. It's in our nature.
My obsessions cross the board from good coffee to horseback riding, calligraphy to X-Men, apple juice to Egyptian history.
obsession: the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
And there is one word in there that can be the problem. The 'domination' of our thoughts. Obsessions are kind of cool. They help us learn, because we feel the need to learn everything we can about our object of desire. But if it dominates our thoughts we get in big trouble. Nothing should so consume our thoughts to the exclusion of all else.
Unless, of course, you're talking about a good book. In which case, ignore everything I just said and read on. *grins*
All this to share my newest obsession with you: joy. :p
Yay! Raquel CAN be cheesy! *grins*
There are many reasons I'm feeling joy.
I feel very loved. If you feel loved, please don't take it for granted. When I was depressed (Oh it feels good to say it that way, in the past tense) I was convinced no one could really love me. Some days I still struggle but on the whole I feel very blessed.
I have some rather amazing friends, including an intelligent and solid guy friend, who help keep me on track. There are still very few people I can trust completely but of those I do I would trust with my life.
The bad does not outweigh the good. It's not like the pills I'm taking suddenly cleared away all my problems. I'm still in debt, don't have a job til the middle of April, and struggle with other various emotional issues. But none of that is going to make life no longer worth living.
Fuzz therapy. Being around Auggie, the delightfully affectionate pony, and all my pups and kittens is really a big help. Laugh if you will, but no one makes you feel more important than a dog who greets you as if you've been gone years instead of hours.
Much love to you all and a pleasant Thursday!
'Quel
2 comments:
It's nice to hear you happy. :)
Thanks!
:-D
Post a Comment