Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Distracting Myself

Sometimes I lose a little faith in humanity, and the capability for kindness, gentleness and love in the average human bean. Some rather odd events have happened to me lately at which I was forced to either be amused, or get upset. I chose amused in most cases, although a little bit of outrage did creep into my self-musings and talks with others. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say, sometimes I am sorry to be human.

I think it'd be cool to be a cat. Cat's are queens of their world. There is no room for regret or self doubt in a cat's life. Or a dog. Dog's have tons of fun... although the way some dogs are treated, I might not be so lucky.

I am going to watch a cheerful show now; The Shirley Temple Story, and think of all the lovely things I am to do this week and weekend. I will not think of math, or midterms, or people who do not like me for dumb reasons. I will think only of the good because I want to enjoy my evening.

What am I doing for the rest of this week, you ask? (I'm pretending you did, even if you didn't. See that? I am trying to restore my faith in humanity bit by bit.) I am cleaning tomorrow because it desperately needs done, for both me and the rat cage. After I shall attend a class which shall remain nameless. After that horrid experience is over I will get well-rested for a lovely Friday. I am going to see a modern Romeo and Juliet with my sister, attending the movies with the women of my family (Mom, Mercedes, Cecilia and I) plus P.F. Chang's for dinner. Yum, chinese food!

Actually, I'm feeling better already. Tonight I will talk to Stephen and he will cheer me. :-)

The weekend is coming! Rejoice!

'Quel

No comments: