Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today is Going Up

I'm very prolific today. :-)
I like that word but I use it too often. One sec.

....

Er, nevermind. All of the synonyms for prolific sound like they come from a bodice ripper. i.e. ample, luxuriant, etc. Some words just ought not to be used.
On a similar note, I love the Thesaurus. I always say it "Theasaurus" when I speak of it and my mom laughingly points out that it isn't a dinosaur. But who knows? It could have been a very smart dinosaur.

I am utterly ecstatic.

Which is a huge change from this past week where I have been so stressed and overwrought that I have physically made myself sick. I can barely keep food down, my stomach aches and I have headaches all the time. Mostly it's money, some of it is depression and overblown guilt. Regardless, I needed today.

You see, the military started giving me my stipend today. So when I checked my bank account and saw the money I cried because I was so happy. I didn't know people actually did that! I can pay back money I owe, I can save a little. And with any luck the zoo will call. But even if they don't I'm feeling better.

Also, Adelaide has been approved for breeding! So I should have a litter of curly haired, cute kittens (baby rats are called that!) in a month. If anyone would like a sweet baby rat be sure to let me know. I can get you a deal. *grins*

I wish I weren't so emotional. I wish I didn't internalize so much. I think people don't realize that sometimes. My grandpa tells me, "You have to stop taking things so much to heart." My friends tell me, "Just blow it off, it's no big deal." People ask, "What's wrong?"

And I truly hate it, but I don't hardly know how to control the waterfall of pain and emotion sometimes. I'm working on it, but I have a feeling this is going to be one of those long time trials.

Whoa, did NOT mean to end on a low note. I am truly happy right now. I took my first midterm, turned in my project (and feel great about them both!), am planning for rat kittens, have a little financial breathing room, love my family and my very own little man, and all my animals. I have to keep sight of all that. :-)

Enjoy your evening, my friends. I wish you rest, a most precious commodity.

'Quel

No comments: