I don't wanna get back in my car tonight and drive
... but I have to because I made a committment.
I don't wanna clean rat cages, even though I love my rats, because I'm super tired
... but I have to because it's important for their health.
I don't wanna work on homework
... but I have to because my education is important to me.
I don't wanna eat or drink water
... but I have to because I need to be healthy and certain people will scold if I don't.
I don't wanna take my meds ANYMORE EVER
... but I have to because I need to be able to function, and be healthy.
Being a grown up feels like the line between the don't wanna's and the have to's. I'm not complaining, not really, because none of these things are hard to do, and on most days I wouldn't think to say 'don't wanna' but right now, while I'm sitting in a quiet house with my kitty and a couch I really don't want to do anything but be.
Maybe for five more minutes.
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment