Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Meet Little Rascall

This is the male that I have been attempting to breed to my lovely little female, registered name of Whymsycal's Adelaide May. Although it's not like I can really do much more than keep their cage clean and hope they like each other! *grins*

His name is NNR's Little Rascall, or Petey. I have been mistakenly calling him Archie but he doesn't seem to mind.



Petey is a cream coloured rat with a mismarked champagne mask and dumbo ears. The second picture shows his adorable ears best. In comparison to little Addie, he is a giant, weighing almost a pound, which is pretty impressive by male rat standards. At this moment he is trying intently to add his two cents to this blog post. One of the best things about Petey, aside from his sweet gentlemanly disposition and his propensity for writing, is his soft, curly textured fur. I hope his babies inherit it!

From their union I expect a couple light babies, with the majority black. A few dumbos but mostly top ears, and at least 1/3 to 1/2 with the beautiful rex fur and curly whiskers. We'll see! I'll be sure to share pictures and hopefully some video once the babies are running around being adorable.

Stay tuned for pictures from the dog show!

'Quel

No comments: