Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Midterms Loom

I have been up and studying since before eight this morning. I wish I could say that I had those awesome intentions but I simply could not sleep this morning so I woke up two hours before my alarm (at seven) and had breakfast with Bunny and my grandma. As soon as she left for work I sat down and started studying. I took one break at 9:30 to jump my car with my grandpa, and another just now so I could eat lunch and breathe.

I don't think I've studied so much for a test in my life. I don't get test stress at all so I tend to understudy, or study but not put a lot of effort into it. And it hasn't served me badly. I've always done well on tests, and in classes.

But for once, my education is super, ridiculously important to me. This isn't theory and papers we're talking about. I'll be working with real animals with real problems. The consequences of not doing my very best can cost someone's pet their life. And that's unacceptable.

So I've become the studier I should have always been! I read, and re-read, write, recite aloud, make up stupid acronyms and read some more.

Funny how your motivation changes. ;-)

'Quel

No comments: