"It's official.
I'm a college drop-out gypsy.
With some rather useless skills... training animals, taking some damn good pictures, two and a half years of psychology knowledge and the ability to lie like a dog.
Not to mention my addictions to sleeping pills, Katy Perry and really good coffee.
You'd hire me, right?"
I was talking to a friend online and I sent that to her. I liked the phrasing so much that I had to post it here. :-P
Actually, things could definitely be worse. I think I'm finally moving out of my recent depressive episode, and at least I have a house to sleep in and a family whom I love and friends who are probably the best anyone could ask for.
All I'm really lacking is some intellectual stimulation and a good job. And at this point, dear readers, a good job translates to a job that pays.
Of course I do have a line and if you know me it'll come as no surprise that I draw that line at working fast food. Everyone around me eats meat, so I'm not conditioned to hate the smell, but sometimes fast food places make me feel slightly ill with all that grease and broiling hamburger.
No worries. I expect that one of these days I'll be posting about how I finally got a job and it's going to fit my schedule and lifestyle exactly.
Or something.
It's the nature of the season, I know, but I was thinking about New Years' resolutions yesterday. You have to understand that I don't make them. Although living with few regrets is something I am always striving for, I don't make it a resolution.
(Okay, except for the joking one my mom and I say every year which is 'Eat more chocolate'. But in order to keep that one I'd have to eat chocolate all the time. So I think I'll shorten it to 'Eat chocolate'. A manageable promise.)
But that doesn't mean I don't have plans or dreams for this year. I do, but I'm hoping to have a more relaxed attitude towards them than demanding those things of myself.
I'll be at Taylor January 5-7 to say good-bye to Kate, who is on her way to Egypt, and to hang out with some of my good friends. Hopefully I'll get to stop by and visit a few professors as well!
Much love,
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment