Monday, January 19, 2009

Summer Blues

And I'm not talking pining for summer although there is indeed some of that going on!
I'm talking about the colours of summer. When I looked out my window this morning-morning being a relative term-I was greeted by a world coated in white and gray slush. Snow can be pretty, 'tis true. But as Jackie pointed out, when you get up at six in the morning to feed horses (or do anything else for that matter) it's hard to find anything pretty about snow.
The one concession I'll make is this; when you can curl up in front of a fire with a hot drink, a book and a fuzzy animal then you can enjoy the snow.

Point. I miss COLOUR! Bright blues, rich green, and heady yellow sunshine. I had the oddest longing to go hiking through Eagle Creek today. How am I going to stand another possibly three months of this? I love being outside, but not January through March!

I made a list of some things I'm looking forward to doing this summer.

Camping
Trail Riding
Brown County
Hiking with the dogs
Picnics
Eagle Creek Visit
Multiple Photo Shoots
Symphony on the Prairie

I am trying to enjoy the winter while it's here, though. No use wishing away the seasons (but man I want it to be warm!)

I had the opportunity to talk to a friend from middle school tonight and that was a lot of fun. We chatted about random things for about an hour, and caught up on one another's lives a bit. :-D

I'm all out of commentary. Stay warm!

'Quel

No comments: