I have very little interest in politics. It might be irresponsible to shy away from knowledge of the political scene, but I really get quite sick of the posing and immaturity very quickly. I have no doubt that people mean well when they run for office but there must be something in the nature of the job that brings out the worst in people. Suddenly everyone goes crazy and no one can get along.
Point being, I only barely pay attention to politics. I read the world section so I'm not completely ignorant but there ends my interest.
So I was very happy to stumble across this little jewel of a website.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/
It's an independent, watch-dog website that's keeping track of all the promises Barack Obama has made and keeping readers informed of how or whether they are fulfilled.
Even better it supports itself quite well with newspaper articles and quotes from his own website. I haven't completely evaluated the website but it seems to be pretty well documented.
There are also sections about the claims the two parties, and candidates made about each other. PolitiFact investigates those and rates their truthfulness according to truth, half-truth, false and pants on fire.
It's perfect for everyone, but especially someone who considers themselves primarily non-partisan.
And if you're anything like me and have heard the 'barack obama is a muslim' and 'john mcain is racist' claims a bajillion times, this website might help clear up a few things.
God Bless our presidents, both the one moving out of office and the one moving in.
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment