Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Roses are Red, and Yellow and White...

Roses overall symbolized love, but depending on colour or presentation they could mean anything from carnal desire to girlhood crush. Crazy, huh?
Here are some of my favourite rose meanings:

Coral Rose: Desire
Leaf Rose: You May Hope
Lavender Rose: Enchantment, Enchanting
Pink Rose: Perfect Love, Indecision, Grace and Sweetness
Dark Pink Rose: Thankfulness
Deep Red Rose: Bashful, Shame
White Rose: Innocence, Purity, Humility, I am Worthy of You, Secrecy, Silence
White Dried Roses: Death is preferable to Loss of Virtue
Burgundy Rose: Unconcscious Beauty

One yellow rose with eleven red ones means deep love and passion. A white rosebud means girlhood and a heart ignorant of love, and a wreath of roses was a symbol of respect.
This stuff is fascinating. Can you imagine how sweet it would be if a guy actually paid attention to what kind of flowers he gave you and what they meant, instead of just buying the prettiest colour at the shop?

Last night was a really wierd night. Danny was/is sick and he was pretty much hallucinating and wandering around restlessly for most of the night. There's not much creepier than your brother showing up at the foot of the bed insisting that something is wrong, and doesn't it bother me that the bed is sideways? Poor kid... he couldn't possibly have slept well. Plus, the animals must've been on something because they wandered the house, crashing into things and meowing just when I thought everything was going to be quiet. Every time I started to drop off I'd dream that I was awake listening to my phone buzz.
I may be going crazy. I'll keep you informed.

'Quel

No comments: