Sunday, January 11, 2009

Remembrances

I'm trying to remember where I was a year ago.

I don't think it was all that important because nothing strikes me right away.

I'd been twenty for three months at that point. Twenty didn't feel any different than nineteen, but twenty one feels miles away from nineteen.

I didn't do J-Term last year (regret, regret, regret), and I was buying books for some of my toughest and most rewarding classes. I was terrified of Fiction Writing, which actually turned out to be amazing. Spanish was... spanish. I passed and that was the point. Adolescent Psych and American Lit were easy, but not unenjoyable. Life Span and Development was probably one of my most frustrating experiences.

I suddenly have the urge to sob over my carefully laid out four year plan. :-(

Anyway. But I didn't know any of that in January.
My journal shows that I was upset about getting a new roomate after Hannah left but willing to make it work. Incidentally the 'girl who lived with us', as Jen calls her, was psychotic and not a little inconsiderate but at least Jen and I had our nightly dance parties. It makes me laugh to think that the 'girl who lived with us' gossiped about how boring we were. If only she'd known! *grins*

I'd just officially changed majors to psychology only a few months before January. Good bye communications!

Is it sad that I can't even remember if my father was home at that point? I want to say he was... I don't think he left for Iraq until later in the year but I'm having trouble recalling.

And, cliche of cliches, I never EVER would've dreamed I'd end up where I am now. A situation I'm not entirely happy with, but hopefully is just the stopover for what's to come.

Kind of makes me wonder what I'm going to remember in January of 2010. I hope I won't be too broken up over not graduating when I'd originally planned. I hope I can say that several of my friends from Taylor and I are still in touch. And I really hope that I'll HAVE A FREAKING JOB BY THEN!

*grins*

Okay, dinnertime for the vegetarian!

'Quel

No comments: